The DoD will be hosting a meeting on March 20, 2013 to discuss the National Defense Authorization Act of 2013 (NDAA), Section 804. Section 804 of the NDAA deals with profit guidelines in the DFARS. The meeting is regarding potential modifications to existing policy that will more closely link contractor profit to contractor performance. Experts in the industry are invited! It is important to note some other items in the NDAA that have influence in this same area.
- Section 802 deals with contracting directly with a subcontractor when a prime contractor has indicated it will use a subcontractor for more than 70% of the work on the contract.
- Section 811 prohibits the DoD from entering cost-type contracts for major defense acquisitions on or after October 1, 2014 (with limited exceptions).
- Performance assessment periods are being revamped under Section 853. DoD has already had a 14 day rule, but all contractors would now be included in the 14 day rebuttal period (instead of 30 days currently). Rebuttals will have to be received within 14 days for items included in the Contractor Performance Assessment Reporting System.
- Section 1651 reiterates small business limitations on subcontracting, but creates an exception when the subcontractor has the same status as the prime.
March 20, 2013, from 1:00 p.m.to 3:00 p.m., EST.
General Services Administration (GSA)
Central Office Auditorium
1800 F Street, N.W.
Washington, D.C., 20405.
The GSA auditorium is located on the main floor of the building.
Those planning to attend the meeting must email (FAX is also available) the following
information to CPIC/DPAP, Patricia.Foley@osd.mil by March 7, 2013:
- Company or organization name.
- Names of persons attending and applicable resumes summarizing expertise in this area.
- Identify if desiring to make a presentation; limit to a 10-minute presentation per company or organization.
- Last four digits of the social security number for anyone who is not a Federal Government employee with a Government badge, in order to create an attendee list for secure entry to the GSA building.
Perhaps I will see you there?!